Monday, November 21, 2011

NYC in November

Hi. I am back from my 5 night adventure. Started in Memphis for work and finished in NYC for a girls getaway with the mom, sis, aunt & cuz. I am tired. The 4am wake up call for a 6am flight on a Monday morning = torture. What was I thinking right? Live & learn.

Anyways, we had a blast. Girls are fun. Family trips are even more fun.

The weather was perfect, sunny & breezy, and we didn't have an agenda. That's the great thing about having a sis that lives there and getting to visit often. I feel like I can go & pretend to be a local and not have to do 1,000 touristy things. My sister would digress. If I heard it once I heard it a 1,000 times "your such a tourist" "walk this way" "do it this way". Gotta love the sisterly love. As our mom reminded us, I'm used to bossing her my whole life & now she has a little yankee in her and stands her ground!

So moving right along...the mom's stayed at the gorgeous, old fashion Waldorf




and the cousins stayed at the sister's apartment...what a beaut.




We dined here, here, & here - clearly we have a thing for Italian.

And brunched here, which was pure perfection. I knew I would love the place which is tucked in a little back alley & greeted by these awesome blue doors.




We drank. We went the Rye House and it was fun to reminisce on our NYU summer living...oh the memories made at Union Square.

I also made an appearance got drug to Bowery Electric & was by far the oldest person there. I must admit it was really fun....and I must admit that I awkwardly stood in the corner like a fugly 6th grader at her first dance. I couldn't get going with my dance moves - must of been the 'age'. However, after this weekend I am obsessed with this song. How bizarre is that video?



What else did we do? Of course we shopped. Oh, I kindly drug them to the flea market again and it was a bust. Well, I got 2 more of my vintage plates...yes, they were still there from August & he still claimed they were some fancy french something.

We also shopped at the Holiday Market  in Union Square. It was awesome. Well worth checking out if you're making the trek soon. Imagine vendor after vendor selling everything from ornaments to jewelry to art to spices? You name it, it was there. I bought an ornament {a tradition jh & i started} and by Sunday it was shattered to pieces in my purse. Great.



Lastly, we re-vamped / re-vitalized / re-birthed the sister's digs. Let's just say we went from the before above to this....


Details & more pics in another post.

Sadly we missed Occupy Wall Street. And Chelsea Market & a run on the Hudson River. But can you ever do it all?

Alright, enough said. I'm half-eyed & four-eyed - i left my contacts, debit card, & watch in nyc...one day I will learn.

Hope you had a great, fun, entertaining weekend!

*Oh and I must admit for those curious, I really missed little Finn.

No comments:

Post a Comment