Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Design Dilemma with Danielle



As you all know, I stalked read blogs for a long time before I jumped on the wagon in May.

Since joining, it has been nothing but a fun ride. I've introduced myself {over the web} to so many talented people and continue to learn a lot about life, food, decor, travels, families, etc.

Insert Danielle Oakley Interiors. She is a blogger, mother, & designer around my age living in Salt Lake City.

She recently started a new blog series, Design Dilemma, where you submit your house dilemma. If she picks your prob, she offers her advice on how to better the space.

Of course I entered- and well, I got picked! First time ever I won...well I should rephrase... first time ever I got picked to be given advice too. Hey i'll take that kind of win any day!

So enough talking, here is the feature:  http://danielleoakeyinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/09/design-dilemma-difficult-fireplace-wall.html


What to do with our blank fireplace wall?





Ideal Wish: Bookcases. Can't do those due to windows on left and narrow doorway on right.

Note: The brown chairs plan to go. While they are incredibly comfy, they don't go with our new decor. Ansley Ghegan Interiors is the talent behind all the furniture in the room. She is amazing! 

Danielle's advice...Stencil the wall and add x-benches for extra seating. Love it. How creative!

Not one to get crazy, I do love a trellis pattern and have always admired x-benches.





Now I just need to get up the courage to give it a go!

Do you have a Dilemma? Go submit it on Danielle's blog. House looking perfect? You will still be inspired by her talent.





No comments:

Post a Comment