Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Celebration & Planters

One of my besties Tina got ENGAGED this past wkend in Cali !!!!




She is a sweet, special friend and she & Kirk make a FABULOUS couple ! Congrats you two and can't wait to celebrate. It's going to be a wild one!!


*******************************************************************************

Our staycation was so great. We checked some things off the list. One of them being the planters. They needed a major face lift. I am clueless when it comes to gardening & planting but a friend told me all about Thrillers, Fillers,  & Spillers.

Have you heard of such? It's a pretty easy concept.

You 'dress' your planter using this simple formula:

-Thriller: I used a boxwood. Hard to kill and will (hopefully) look the same in July & January
-Filler: Wanted some color so added small red petunias
-Spiller: Used the growing ivy that had somehow already found a home in the planters

Here is the before: (Does Blogger not let you rotate pics?!)



And here is the after:



So much better!!! And I was proud of our planting abilities. Best part, it literally took maybe 15 minutes.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Catie! Now I'll need you to help me plan a wedding! xoxo

    ReplyDelete