Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recipe 2: Chicken-and-Green Chile Enchiladas

So, I guess I haven't stayed true to my once a week home cooked meal.

I haven't totally failed, JH has just been doing a lot of grilling on the BGE which is fine by me. Love a man that cooks!

Last night though I attempted this recipe from Southern Living. It was mexican; therefore, I knew if it were terrible I would still eat it.

*My finished product wasn't this pretty but here it is courtesy of SL



Ingredients
3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken  (I used a rotisserie, doesn't get much easier than that)
2/3 cup Onion-and-Garlic Mixture
2 4oz cans chopped green chiles
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
3 10oz cans enchilada sauce, divided
2 cups Mexican four-cheese blend, divided
8 burrito-size flour tortillas

*someone in the review section recommended using the most authentic enchilada sauce offered in store. (to me that means the most mexican looking can). But, whatever authentic really means, I agree. Get the good stuff.

*Also, I added 3 jalapenos chopped & diced fresh from our garden. Gave it a nice kick.

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix together first 4 ingredients, 1 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, & 1 cup cheese (I used a little more chz, because we love chz)

2. Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture down center of each tortilla; roll tortillas up and place seam sides down in a lightly greased baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

3. Bake covered for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown

Garnish with more cilantro &/or jalapenos to your taste & you've got yourself a home cooked meal.




Very delic & filling...and the house is still in tact. Go me!


No comments:

Post a Comment