Thursday, June 30, 2011

Greek Key

I have a slight obsession with most things pattern: Trellis, Ikat, Geometric - you name it.

My decafriend (Ansley= decorator & friend) had to give me the eye several times- you know the look where they don't even have to say anything, but you know what they are thinking-as I would have done all 1,300 sq ft of our tiny ranch in all things patterns. And now of course a year later I agree, I would be sick of it.

But there is something about Greek Key that I love. It's pattern-y, but not overkill.

I do admit you see it everywhere and I wonder if it is a current design fad, but regardless it strikes my fancy.

And you can add it anywhere- draperies, bedding, pillows, mirrors, furniture


Palmer Weiss

Christina Murphy

DecorPad


DecorPad

Pinterest


Coastal Living



It's also very DIY-able (well for most)

I think I may attempt this trim on our PB Peyton Drapes for a little 'sprucing up'

Peyton Drape, 50 x 63", French Ivory       Athena Tape 


Thoughts? I am often a failure of DIY, but I think this is is doable.

I admire talented bloggers like Bri who is not only beyond hilarious but an expert Ikea hacker. She makes rags to riches look easy.

She turned this ikea dresser into this greek key goddess.




How crazy talented is that?

So, I may give it a go and get some Greek in our house. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

It's almost the holiday weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment