This has been making the rounds on blogland and pinterest, so you may have seen, but I finally had time to read last month's Glamour and found this article fitting giving it was the birthday month and the last year of my twenties.
Many of these brought back good old memories and some of these probably won't get checked off in the next 11 mo, but here's to trying...
'30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30'
as featured in Glamour Magazine
By 30 you should have:
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you've come.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase, & an umbrella you're not ashamed to be seen carrying.
5. A youth you're content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you're looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
7. The realization that you're actually going to have an old age- and some money set aside to help fund it.
8. An email address, a voice mailbox, & a bank account- all of which nobody has access to but you.
9. A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.
10. One friend who always makes you laugh & one who let's you cry.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, & a black lace bra.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserved it.
13. The belief that you deserved it.
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, & a plan for dealing with those few facets of life that don't get better after 30.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, & all those other facets of life that do get better.
By 30, you should know:
16. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
17. How you feel about having kids.
18. How to quit a job, break up with a man, & confront a friend without ruining the relationship.
19. When to try harder and when to walk away.
20. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn't like to happen next.
21. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, & the best tailor in town
22. How to live alone, even if you don't like to.
23. Where to go- be it your best friend's kitchen table or a yoga mat- when your soul needs soothing.
24. That you can't change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
25. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over.
26. What you would and wouldn't do for money or love.
27. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
28. Who you can trust, who you can't, & why you shouldn't take it personally.
29. Not to apologize for something that isn't your fault.
30. Why they say life begins at 30!
*All via Glamour magazine