Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe: Zoe's Feta Cole Slaw

Good Morning.

What do you think of Zoe's Slaw? I think most people either love it or don't like it one bit. I am on Team A. Love - as in crave it, could eat it everyday.

The menu was planned last night with steak and sweet potato -which by the way I bought regular potatoes - I swear the sign said 'sweet potato'...Guilty Amateur Cook. Apparently, most cooks can tell a reg from a sweet even if the reg potato is in the sweet potatoes place.

Anyways, I wanted to add a green to the mix so decided to search for something similar to Zoes claim-to-fame slaw.
Thru searching, I found this recipe and gave it a shot. Super Easy & Quite Tasty..

Ingredients:
-1 small head of cabbage, thinly sliced  {if you're an amateur cook like me, cabbage is located beside the head of lettuce, make sure you get the cabbage! ask if you have to, i did.}
-1 6oz. package crumbled feta
-6 to 7 green onions, chopped
-1/4 cup red wine vinegar
-1/2 cup E.V.O.O
-1-2 teaspoon Sugar
-S&P to taste

Directions:
-Combine shredded Cabbage, Feta, & Chopped Green Onion in a large bowl
-In separate bowl, whisk together Vinegar, EVOO, sugar, and S&P
-Pour over the slaw & toss
-Refrigerate until ready to serve. It's best if you let it refrigerate for a few hours {we didn't do this and it was still delic}.

Enjoy!

*Sorry no pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment